Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sneaky Typo Corrections



Eastern Market. Today I noticed that the misspelled manhole covers (which I mentioned in a recent posting) have now been replaced with new ones! I love that the replacement covers have a "fake rust" paint-job to make it look as if these are actually the original "old" ones.

I wonder if my blog had anything to do with these things being replaced?
Turns out the Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee is responsible for replacing these and even sold off the old ones as collector's items (see comment section below).

Below, one of the old (misspelled) manhole covers.


7 comments:

  1. Coincidental timing, or yours is a very influential new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee is responsible for both getting customized manhole covers and noticing immediately that they needed to be replaced. We were able to sell the defective ones as collectors items and we will use the proceeds to purchase some needed items for the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost in Translation DCDecember 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM

    Glad to know that the EMCAC was all the ball here! Very cool to learn that the old ones were put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost in Translation DCDecember 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

    WHoops make that "on" the ball. Irony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought one of the 12 typo manhole covers. I almost feel guilty now, well not really. I think of it as a large coin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky! You managed to buy one of them? What are you planning to do with it now? (I'd make an offer, but I've got no idea what the "going rate" for misspelled manhole covers is these days...)

    ReplyDelete